Good Friends
After my last post, a very dear, very smart friend e-mailed me and said, basically, "So, what are you going to do about it?" I am grateful for people who are willing to smack me up side the head with the obvious. Sometimes I get so bogged down that "what are you going to do about it?" hits like a bolt of lightening. "Oh!" I think to myself, "I'm supposed to fix this situation." I guess I forgot. [feel free to insert frog-in-pot-of-hot-water analogy here] So yesterday I thought long and hard. I made myself a doctor's appointment for this afternoon to, hopefully, set right some lingering hormone disruption from pregnancy and breastfeeding. If I can get that straightened out I'll feel, physically, a whole lot better. I resolved to quit my job, which I did this morning. The owner looked like I'd punched her in the stomach, run over her dog, and snatched the coffee right out of her hand, but she accepted my decision. Although, she said I had to be the one to tell the other baker. That's fair. I told her I'd be happy to come in occasionally to fill in sick days or vacations. She liked that. So, that's done. And, I finished the first chapter of the current project. "One whole chapter?" you say, "Big whoop." Not much, I admit. But maybe you realize the pressure, the agonizing that goes into a first chapter, a first page, a first sentence. It has to be perfect. I'm fairly pleased with this one. From here on out the writing is a lot more fun. I just need to make the time. That said, I'm burning up the baby's nap writing blogs. Time to start the next chapter! Thank you, Wendi. You are the best.

2 Comments:
Okay, maybe I should either re-read my e-mail or copy and paste it to the blog. because I think I remember saying a little more than, "what are ya gonna do about it?" LOL but, I'm sure that's how it sounded. I guess your previos post hit me SO hard, that it made me realize that I have to make decisions in my own life to be able to actually move forward instead of just being stagnate. Christine, you really are one of the most wonderful people in my life. You are awe inspiring. I'm SO dang proud of you for doing what you knew in your heart you really wanted to do. Now, the trick is to truly be happy with your decisions and keep going. I can't wait to read your novel. Love you girl!!!
Oh, man. Does this mean I have to do something about MY discontent, too? I don't think I can stand the pressure...
I'm way too proud of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home