Friday, March 03, 2006

Theater Night

This evening we took the kids and drove up to Pioche to see the high school's production of Man of La Mancha. The cast was great and the music not too painful. The trumpet could've used a little more.... um..... practice. Anyway, we had lots of fun even though the weather was miserable. Kaylie's best friend had a small part and we knew about a third of the kids in the play. Kaylie told me on the way home that her friend's mom wouldn't even come see it because of the "subject matter". Huh? I find it incredibly sad that some people see Don Quixote as nothing more than the story of a crazy old man with a crush on a prostitute. Even just as a musical there was so much more there than that.

I'm really tired -- dozing off at the keyboard -- but I have to write down what happened yesterday before I forget it. Yesterday was high tension. I was having a really hard time with the house plans and stressing out, and really being sick of the trailer and being so very crowded, so, after this rotten day I'm standing in the kitchen making dinner and Avarie and Isaac are a few feet away listening to a Keith Urban CD. They both like to sing along and dance and ham it up. I wasn't paying a lot of attention, too busy spinning the hamster wheel in my head, when I realized they were very sweetly singing....
These are the days we will remember
These are the times that won't come again
The highest of flames become an ember
And you gotta live 'em while you can

Ah, perspective. It's such a hard thing to hold on to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home