Time just keeps slippin'.......
Okay, I've just been forced to acknowledge that I've neglected this blog for six full months. Let me just say, for the record, that it didn't seem like that long. I have no internal sense of time. This is why my library books are always overdue, my hamper always overflowing, and my refrigerator often supporting new life-forms: in my head, I just did all those things and it can't possibly be time to do them again yet. I never intend to avoid doing things. On the contrary, I really do aspire to having things all managed and up-to-date. Unfortunately, hours seem to skip over days and weeks and slip directly into months for me......
So, anyway, the last entry was back before Thanksgiving. To recap: all the normal holidays occurred in their customary succession. Nothing out of the ordinary there. We ended up selling our business to Rodney's sister, who came out from Kansas the end of February and is doing very well. She is one tough chick and she'll handle whatever comes. We bought a 29ft 5th wheel trailer in March and moved it up to a small RV park in Caliente where we will stay until the well and septic are in on the land. Also, we've built a good sized shed (10'x16' with a loft) on the land and planted our mailbox out along the highway. The house went up for sale the end of April and sold after 36 hours on the market. It was kind of funny. The realtor didn't even get her sign up in front of the house until after the place was sold. I was very glad we only had to manage two days of showing. That was not fun. So, now we're getting ready to leave. We're trying to get things wrapped up and out of the house by this weekend. The cat cooperated (not) by having kittens three days ago, but at least they are still tiny and will be easier to move. I don't relish the idea of a three hour drive with 6 fully mobile cats. More on cats later.
In the interest of new experiences, I went to a Mary Kay party last night. For any who don't know, I rarely wear make-up at all, let alone expensive make-up. It was just a few people with whom I felt very comfortable, so it turned out feeling like I was 13 again playing make-over at a slumber party. It was fun. I found some foundation that actually matched my skin, and some serious concealer that can at least tone down the dark circles I get under my eyes. Seriously, I look like a raccoon sometimes. Anyway, so I come home last night all made up and Rodney, knowing how I feel about make-up and that I wasn't too sure about going to this party, says that I look nice, but that he like my normal face better, that the foundation and blush and all is just too artificial for me, and then he asks if I bought anything. Yeah, I say, I bought the stuff you just said you didn't like. LOL He says, "Oh S***! I just stuck my foot so far in my mouth that I bit my butt." He spent the rest of the night apologizing and I just kept laughing. Silly man.
So, there it is. We're all still alive and I'll attempt to make this more interesting in the future.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home