Never a dull moment
Yesterday was somewhat derailed by "AutoZone Man". He called in the morning asking questions about Rodney's purchase of a starter for the van on Monday, and the resulting core charge. He said they were having trouble with the computers and he needed to know how it had been paid for. Rodney was still asleep so I told him I thought it was credit card, but that he'd have to call back to make sure. After I hung up it started to seem kinda fishy. A quick check of caller ID showed "AutoZone Man" calling from a fairly cheap and scuzzy hotel. Hmmm..... I then got Rodney up and had him call the AutoZone in question and find out if this guy's story checked out. It didn't. Big surprise. But.... the payment had been made by check, not credit card (we had run out of checks, due to the office management fairy being busy with other stuff, and I wasn't sure if the new ones had come before or after the starter purchase). We don't know what kind of a stunt this guy was/is trying to pull, so yesterday afternoon I went to the bank and pulled all but the bare minimum from that account and squirreled it away in another. It would be a wonderful source of plot tension to have the down payment on our land suddenly disappear from the bank just as we sign papers, but I really don't want to go there right now, thanks anyway.
Right now we're going to have a look at a house that's slated for demolition, with an eye toward salvage. Especially interested in doors and windows. Hope there's something worth the drive across town.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home