Tuesday, October 19, 2004

In the beginning.....

...there was matter unorganized. That's about where we are. Completely unorganized. I decided to do a blog so that we can keep family and friends updated on our new insanity....uh....adventure. Currently, we are "in paperwork" on the purchase of the land and should take posession by Thanksgiving. Then we begin the process of arranging septic tanks and wells and electric and phone and propane. Everything is so danged expensive! Trying to keep the long view..... big initial outlay for long-term low-cost living. It'll be okay, really. We found out what our official new address will be: 21 Sunrise Drive. It's got a nice ring to it. :)
Right now we are biding our time, trying to keep positive about these last few months doing bee removal, (Man, these customers have gotten annoying since we decided to quit!) and getting our ducks in a row. We won't put the house on the market until after the first of the year. Hopefully, we'll be moved out and starting the new house by April, if not sooner.
A few nights ago I dreamed I was trying to build a house out of shredded wheat biscuits (frosted, naturally). I'm still not sure what to think about that.....
Sure hope this blog thing works. More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, and I think the frosted shredded wheat house would be SO TOTALLY COOL!!!! You could do it, Christine. I have faith in you! Life is a bowl of cherries...with pits. That's just the way it is. Sure sounds like a lot going on in the Mehring household. Good luck with it all. Love ya, Wendi

October 21, 2004 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home