Thursday, November 11, 2004

Gonna feel that in the morning....

Whoever had my current house before me thought it would be spiffy to do the entire kitchen/dining area floor with large white tile of some variety which I have come to hate with a passion. Setting aside the obvious insanity of having four children, a fair-sized black dog, a long-haired darkish cat, and a WHITE kitchen floor.......... the thing is slicker than snot when it's wet. Even a small amount of liquid, such as a child is likely to slosh out of their water cup, is enough to kill you. In the almost three years we've been here I've had more near misses than I care to count, but have always managed to keep upright.... until today. One too quick turn and I slipped, falling sideways, bringing my full (considerable) weight down on my left hand -- the hand connected to my bad wrist. There are currently several parts of me that are not happy, but that wrist is going to be worse than useless in the morning. The new house will NOT have a slippery white kitchen floor!

In other news: We're leaning heavily toward going completely off-grid with a combination solar and wind system. The electric is to the lot line, but will cost close to five thousand to bring it the rest of the way in. Five thousand dollars for the privilege of paying monthly electric bills for the rest of eternity..... or that money for a good start on an alternative system. Hmmm...

I just this minute won an ebay auction! I will soon have a lovely 1930 Ward's catalog to add to my collection. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home