Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Grrrrr.....

Grouchy. Yet another rejection letter for yet another story I thought was pretty darn good. :p :::pause for petulance::::::

It rained all day, which was nice. Wish it would rain for a week or so. Went visiting teaching. Did the cub scout pack meeting Halloween party. I have to admit to feeling a little unloved in the midst of an entire ward with Bush/Cheney yard signs. It's completely me, since they all have no idea that I'm not "one of them". I tell myself that I don't want to bring politics into church, being a big believer in separation of religion and government. But I'm probably just a coward at heart and don't want all these nice people who have been my friends for six years now to scorn me and my "tax-loving commie" ideas. Why can't we all just have different points of view and that be okay? Why do I have to listen to people I love trash me? Of course, they don't know they're offending me, but in a way I prefer knowing what they really think. It's more honest. Why can't good people work together to better humanity bringing ideas from all directions instead of there only being Left and Right? Why is it that your side can't be good unless the other side is evil.

I'm in a bad mood. I'll bet you guessed that by now. By this time next week....
1) the sacrament meeting talk will be over
2) the election will be over .... one way or the other
3) the contract with the business broker will be over
4) Halloween will be over, and yes, I'm letting my kids TorT on Sunday although I will probably hear about it from certain ward members.
5) October will be over. It's been a really long month.
6) Daylight savings time will be over. Whose stupid idea was that, anyway?
7) Hopefully, this mood will have passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home