Quickie update!
We just got our internet connection this afternoon. It's d-i-a-l-u-p, molassas slow, but a connection none-the-less. I am so spoiled. :) Found out though, that we will be able to get DSL when we move out onto the land. We could have done it here too, but it didn't seem worthwhile for a temporary set-up. Anyway, it took forever to get out of the house last Saturday. I didn't think we'd ever get to the end of all our junk. Pulled out around midnight and didn't get here until after 3 in the morning. Long, long day. So far everything has been great. Yeah, the trailer is crowded, but we're surviving. There's plenty of room for the kids to play outside and since town is so small they've discovered they're within walking distance of the river, two parks, the library, and the general store. My town has a general store!!! A little bit of everything in about 2000 sqft. We've met quite a few people and everyone so far has been friendly. Rodney's already had more offers of work than he has hours in the day and I keep reminding him that we have to have a house to move into by winter. He's decided to do a little part-time ranch-handing for a guy down the canyon, just for kicks, and as long as it doesn't keep the house from getting done. I'm okay with that.
I am in awe of the beauty of this place. I have to keep reminding myself that I really get to stay here. I hope that I will never get to the point where I stop seeing this valley, that I take it for granted. I need to remember to give thanks every day for my good fortune.
Hello to any dear Loopies that read this! I hope all is well and I'll be in touch when I can.

5 Comments:
Christine, it sounds wonderful. I am glad to hear you got there alright and that everyone is enjoying themselves.
Got the book, thanks! I should have time to start it this weekend, it looks great.
Oh man Christine, I'm so glad you made it and that you get internet!! I can't wait to hear how the house progresses.
Thanks for the book and the lovely card, it meant more than you'll know. I can't wait to start it.
Just wanted to let you know I've been keepin up with ya - things sound wonderful. Can't wait till you return....
Sounds like you are loving it there Christine. Good to hear from you and how things are going. I'm loving the book so far. I keep it in the car and read it when I'm sitting and waiting for my kids. Love ya!
Cyndi
Sounds like everything is going good for you.
Thanks for the book. I miss ya on the loop.
Becky
Post a Comment
<< Home